Interruption of the Anant Chaturdashi Puja
Anant Chaturdashi Puja Muhurat :06:07:38 to 29:30:29
23 hour 22 Minute
The Anant Chaturdashi fast is very important in Hinduism. Anant Chaudas is another name for the celebration. This day honours Lord Vishnu, the Lord of many incarnations.
The event, which falls on the 14th day of the Shukla paksha of the Bhadrapad month, honours unity and fraternity. Anant Chaturdashi receives a thread after offering devotion to Lord Vishnu. This thread might be silk or cotton and must contain 14 knots. Ganesh Visarjan is also honoured during Anant Chaudas. The entire nation celebrates this holiday with fervour. To bring everyone ringing in the festivities together, numerous Lord procession are also brought out.
Scripture Anant Chaturdashi
- This festival is held on the 14th day of Shukla Paksha in Bhadrapad month. The 14th day must begin 2 muhurats after the dawn to meet this requirement.
2. If the Chaturdashi date occurs two muhurats after the dawn, the Anant Chaturdashi celebration is to be held a day earlier. To keep the ceremonies auspicious, the festival procession, worship, adoration, and fasting must all occur in the early half of the day. If you can’t accomplish it at that time, do it in the first time frame of the day’s middle phase. The first time frame of the day is between the 7th and 9th muhurat.
Puja Vidhi and Vrat
The Agni Puran stresses the necessity of fasting. This day honours Lord Vishnu’s myriad forms. The Pujan Vidhi is given below:
- After bathing, bow and lay a kalash on the Pujan altar.
- Install a kalash with an Ashtadal lotus made of kush on a vase, or a portrait of Lord Vishnu.
- Dip a thread in vermilion, saffron, and turmeric. It needs 14 knots. Keep this thread near Lord Vishnu’s statue.
4. Now, worship the thread and the Lord’s idol using Shadoshopchar and repeat the mantra given below. Then you must wrap the holy thread around your arm.
अनंत संसार महासुमद्रे मग्रं समभ्युद्धर वासुदेव।
अनंतरूपे विनियोजयस्व ह्रानंतसूत्राय नमो नमस्ते।।
5. Men wear it on their left arm and ladies on their right arm. Then feed the Brahmans and take prasad with your whole family.
Anant Chaturdashi’s Importance
The festival of Anant Chaturdashi is said to have originated in the Mahabharata. The day is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The Lord made 14 loks, Tal, Atal, Vital, Sutal, Talatal, Rasatal, Paatal, Bhi, Bhuva, Jan, Tap, Satya, mah (Tal, Atal To protect and pursue them, he descended down to our mortal realm in 14 distinct incarnations, earning him the title of being endless. He realised he had to preserve his people and his inventions, even these avatars. So, Anant Chaturdashi is a very important day, since you can please the Lord of Creation and receive his best benefits. This day’s fast also has great importance. All of this is said to delight him and grant you eternal happiness and contentment. Along with fasting on this day, it is thought that reciting the Vishnu Sahasranama stotra brings all one’s requests to the Lord. This fast is performed to gain money, plenty, and success. The desire for wealth, happiness, and children leads a man to seek the Lord’s blessings on his mortal life. This fast is common in India. On this day, the family hears Lord Vishnu’s traditional stories.
Anant Chaturdashi legends
In the Mahabharata, the Kauravas beat the Pandavas in gambling by tricking them and turning against them. The Pandavas had to leave their empire, money, and comforts and go into exile in the woods. They had to suffer considerable pain and hardships to get through this period. So Lord Krishna went to the Pandavas’ jungle to meet them. Yudhishthira, the eldest Pandava, requested him for a means to return to the track and regain their lost kingdom and wealth. Hearing this, the Lord provided him an antidote to all his troubles and desires. This cure was the Anant Chaturdashi fast, which honours Lord Vishnu as the solitary source of consolation. Lord Vishnu with his wife and brothers, he advised him.
Yudhishthira then requested Krishna to define Anant. Lord Krishna explained to him that Lord Anant is another Vishnu incarnation. Lord Vishnu rests in the Chaturmas for ever. Anant lord in Vaaman’s avatar completed the three loks in 2 pages. No one knows his beginning or finish, which is why he is known as the infinite. By worshipping him, all your problems will vanish and you will be able to enjoy the life you have always desired.
After the storey concluded, Yudhishthira promised to keep this fast with his family, and he regained his lost kingdom and wealth.